- Download Software for Computers on the Brown network. Many of the software packages available through these pages have been installed on our unix computers. If there is a package that you want installed on departmentally owned unix computer, send your request to Bill Fripp if the computer is in Lincoln Field or MacMillan and to Margaret Doll if the computer is in GeoChem.
- Amber 9.0, Assisted Model Building with Energy Refinement. Amber is installed on ted, the Chemistry cluster.
- Compute node Inquiries on the clusters.
- cmake on ted
- Comsol, Multiphysics, used by the Chemistry Department is installed on ted, the computer cluster. The license is a one user research license.
- Comsol used by Geological Sciences is
installed on numbers, samuel, sarah and micah. Micah is
the computer cluster.
*License: It combines one single user license (for the teacher) with a 30 seat student license. The 30 seat student portion is a floating network license for 30 concurrent users. The limitation is that only students (Ph.D. candidates included) can use it for educational purpose only; Academic research is not allowed. However, the teacher's portion can be used for research and installed as a NSL, CPU or FNL.
- Queuing Comsol jobs on the computer clusters.
- Connect to casey via Dreamweaver CS5
- eXceed - X Window Connection from Windows to Unix computers
- FFTW - a C subroutine library for computing the discrete Fourier transform in one or more dimensions. Installed on ted in the /share/apps directories.
- Installation of Gabedit on Macs
- Gaussian and GaussView used by Chemistry and is installed on ted.chem.brown.edu, a computer cluster. This software is a site license for Brown University. It includes the license for Linux running on AMD Opteron or Intel EM64T computers. For more information or the software distribution, email Margaret Doll.
- Installing gfortran on Macs
- GMT is installed on micah and computational macs in GeoChem.
- gnuplot has been installed on various computers within the departments including ted and micah, the computer clusters.
- Mathematica on ted
- mpi for parallel processing on the clusters.
- molden, a preprocessor of molecular and electronic structures is installed on ted, the computer cluster for the Chemistry Dept.
- moldy, Molecular Cynamics Simulation Program This is installed on the Chemistry cluster, ted.
- Portland Compilers on unix computers.
- Random number generator MT19937.f90, for Fortran 95. This module is installed on ted, the Chemistry cluster.
- SAC is installed on the SUNs, micah and the computational macs in GeoChem.
- sprng - Scalable Parallel Pseudo Random Number Generators Library for C++ and Fortran. Installed on ted in the /share/apps directories.
- q commands on the clusters to monitor and control queued jobs on the clusters.
- vmd, Visual Molecular Dynamics is installed on ted, the Chemistry computer cluster.
- visit, "that delivers parallel, interactive visualization."
- xmgrace, a graphics program, is installed on ted, the Chemistry cluster.
** Email Margaret Doll for account and password to the web page.
Margaret Doll 2/2013